Wednesday, July 30, 2014

How To Dress For Long Torso/Short Legs

I will be the first to admit, that I am no expert in the world of fashion. If it looks and fits and not too expensive, I buy it. I was never really one that paid attention to what looked good for my body type. However, recently, I have been studying my proportions. I have a long torso and short legs. In other words, pants/slacks are too long for me and blouses/shirts are too short on me. It's so wonderful that most retailers cater to long leg and short torso gals. Yay me. Some celebrity examples of long torsos and short legs are Rachel Bilson and Hayden Panettiere.

So I started reading some fashion blogs on how to dress for my body shape. I have learned high waisted bottoms are a must and say no to low waisted bottoms. Try to stick with dark bottoms to elongate your legs and wear dark color shoes. Turtle necks are a big no no, as they will elongate the torso. Capris and crops are also a big no no. They shorten the legs.

In this image, I am wearing my dark high waisted jeans from Nordstrom and dark heels from Target. Shirt is from Express. You can see how the dark jeans and the pointed heels make my legs appear to be longer.

In this image, I am wearing low waisted jeans from Kohls. Red heels from Target and top from Calvin Klein. If you notice, the jeans make my legs and the roundness of the heels make my legs look short and stubby.

From the two pictures, I posted above, you are able to tell what works for me and what I should steer clear of.

Let me know, if you have any other tips, I would love to hear from you. Leave your tips down below in the comments.
 Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment